A Message from Health Services
- Health examinations are required in grades PreK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11
- Vision screening for distance and near vision acuity is required on all new entrants and in grades PreK, or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11.
- Color perception screening is required on all new entrants.
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing is required on all new entrants and in grades PreK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Scoliosis screening will be required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys
**Screenings will begin in November for ALL new entrants and on those students who do not have required documentation of above screenings on a current physical form **
**Please ensure your child is up to date on their required immunizations by contacting your pediatrician this summer. Please provide documented proof of immunizations to your child's building nurse upon administration in order to update their health record.**
**Please click HERE the NYSED FAQs document that provides further guidance to parents and schools on the statutory amendment regarding required immunizations.**
The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) would like you to know that information regarding influenza and the benefits of influenza immunizations is free, accessible and available in different languages from several organizations:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
For More Information, please click HERE.