The Board of Education and school community recognize the importance of handling concerns as quickly as possible. In order to do so, it is important that information is reported in a timely manner. In order for the district to address the concern, the following must occur:
- Required to orally report the Required to orally report the incident(s) incident(s) incident(s) within one (1) within one (1) school school day to the principal.
- Report the concern in writing within two (2) school days after making the oral report.
Once the matter is reported, the information will be gathered by using a Team approach. The investigation will begin with a school administrator and we may invite other support staff, as necessary and appropriate to address the concern.
After examining the concern, the school administrator will notify the Superintendent of Schools or a designee and the school administrator will reach out to the complainant regarding next steps and/or potential action(s) to be taken.
The district is committed to developing a plan for for change by using:
- Restorative practices;
- Positive intervention supports practices;
- Provide support where necessary (counseling, mediation, conflict resolution, learning opportunities);
- Take actions to improve school climate (Behavioral Intervention contract; teach dignity and respect)