Grady Elementary School: Students in Grades 2-6
Students attending Grady Elementary School will interact with their teachers primarily through the Google Classroom platform. Teachers may adjust lessons to accommodate the virtual learning environment. Lessons may be designed for students to complete independently, or with adult support. All online learning activities will be age appropriate and based on the district’s curriculum. Google Classroom provides a platform for teachers to post and grade assignments/materials, chat with students, and communicate with parents.
Teachers may choose to utilize Google Meet or Zoom as virtual classrooms. Google Meet and Zoom are both compatible with EUFSD devices (Chromebooks). To request a device, please email the Director of Technology, Jeffrey Olender at email@example.com.
Below are suggested guidelines for an effective and productive distance learning experience:
- Students should check their Google Classroom pages daily for teacher assignments and updates. Students need to be sure to check each of their teachers’ pages. For example, if a student has different STEM and Humanities teachers, both pages must be accessed daily. This includes special teachers as well (Music, Art, Band. Phys Ed., and Library).
- Students are expected to complete each assignment as directed by the teacher.
- Teachers may invite students to upload completed work to the appropriate platform.
- Teachers and administrators will continue to communicate with parents through email and/or Talking Points.
- Students in grades 4-6 should also check their EUFSD email daily.
Google Classroom, as well as most EUFSD online resources, can be accessed through the Clever Portal.