Reading and Social Studies
The following links provide students the opportunity to further develop their reading and social studies skills.
- Epic - A digital library for kids age 12 and under. It has 40,000 books, audiobooks, learning videos, quizzes, more. Available in English and Spanish.
- Jumpstart - Develop your child’s bilingual cognitive advantage through Jumpstart. Choose from a vast selection of songs, stories, and activities while learning vocabulary in both English and Spanish.
- Kidlit - For ages 5-18 yrs. old, KidLit TV has shows, radio, crafts and activities, book read-alongs for kids. Some of the TV shows include Storymakers, a talk show that highlights authors and illustrators, Read Out Loud, when the authors at KidLit TV do read-alongs, and Young at Art, where kids can learn art skills used in book illustrations.
- Newsela - Reading materials on current events that support social-emotional learning. It has lessons and activities that support reading comprehension.
- PBS Learning Media - Have an interactive approach on storytelling with PBS Learning Media. Learn and explore story structure and elements through performance, art, and many more.
- ReadWorks - Builds in reading comprehension supports. It assigns content-based reading passages for students in grades K-12.
- StoryLine Online - See illustrations and hear quality children's literature read aloud featuring award-winning actors reading children’s books with illustrations.
- Time For Kids - Great for ages 5-13 years old. Time For Kids offers a wide selection of articles from kindergarten until the 6th grade level. Choose from the various topics that cater to your child’s interests for a quick reading practice.