3rd Grade Social Studies
Unit 1 Geography
- maps, symbols, keys and legends.
- compass rose, cardinal and intermediate directions.
- to map scale and distance.
- latitude and longitude.
- Land forms
Unit 2 The United States
- The United States depends on itself and others to fulfill its needs and wants.
- The United States has a democratic form of government.
- The United States has many common and diverse cultural elements.
- The United States is impacted by the five themes of geography.
Unit 3 China
- How have the geographical features and environment influenced the development of China?
- How does the political system of China affect its people?
- In what ways does China fulfill its wants and needs?
- How has the dominant culture influenced everyday life in China?
- In what ways is China similar to and different from other world communities?
Unit 4 Brazil
- How has geography affected the development of Brazil?
- How does Brazil fulfill its needs and wants?
- How has the political system of Brazil changed over time?
- In what ways is Brazil’s culture similar to and different from other world communities