Unit 1: Scientific Method
- Students will learn about the different parts of the scientific method.
- Students will apply their knowledge of the Scientific Method to conduct their own experiment.
- Students will present their experiments to the class.
Unit 2: Changes to Earth’s Surface
- Students will observe ongoing changes to the Earth’s Surface through the processes of weathering, erosion, and deposition.
- Students will learn about how landforms are created and destroyed through ongoing geologic processes.
Unit 3: Natural Disasters
- Students will learn about earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and tornadoes.
- Students will learn about the geological processes involved during earthquakes and volcanoes including plate tectonics.
- Students will learn about the meteorological processes that are involved during hurricanes and tornadoes.
Unit 4: Meteorology
- Students will learn about weather patterns/predictions using satellite imagery and online resources.
- Students will create their own five-day forecasts based on studying air pressure systems.
- Students will study the different layers of the atmosphere and the effect of the atmosphere on the Earth including the greenhouse effect.