Student transportation is intended to fulfill specific objectives including the following:
- Provide safe, efficient and economical transportation.
- Accommodate the requirements of the instructional program.
- Maintain conditions on buses that are consistent with the best interests of the students.
- Promote a public understanding of the transportation program including safety, adequacy, efficiency, and standards of service.
The following distance limitations shall apply:
Private/Parochial School Transportation Requests:
students in grades K-12 public, private, and parochial schools who live
more than 0.5 miles from their respective schools shall be transported.
- Transportation shall be provided for all disabled students as mandated by New York State law.
shall not be provided for students attending any private/parochial
school located more than 15 miles from a student's residence except in
the case of disabled students.
in the Elmsford School District requiring transportation for their
children to private or parochial schools may make application for
transportation no later than April 1st preceding the next school year.
Detailed information and application forms are available in the Business
Office at (914) 592-2276. The Business Office is located on the first
floor at Alexander Hamilton High School.