Student transportation is intended to fulfill specific objectives including the following:
- Provide safe, efficient and economical transportation.
- Accommodate the requirements of the instructional program.
- Maintain conditions on buses that are consistent with the best interests of the students.
- Promote a public understanding of the transportation program including safety, adequacy, efficiency, and standards of service.
The following distance limitations shall apply:
Private/Parochial School Transportation Requests:
- All students in grades K-12 public, private, and parochial schools who live more than 0.5 miles from their respective schools shall be transported.
- Transportation shall be provided for all disabled students as mandated by New York State law.
- Transportation shall not be provided for students attending any private/parochial school located more than 15 miles from a student's residence except in the case of disabled students.
Parents in the Elmsford School District requiring transportation for their children to private or parochial schools may submit an application for transportation no later than April 1st preceding the next school year. Detailed information and application forms are available in the Business Office at (914) 592-2276. The Business Office is located on the first floor at Alexander Hamilton High School.