Welcome to Mrs. Cilento and Mrs. Maselli'sPre-K Classes 2019-2020
What are some topics we will cover in Pre-K this year?
Rhythm and Rhyme
- Students will learn that words rhyme when they have the same ending sounds.
The World Around Us!
- Letters - Identifying letters/sounds
- Name Writing/Name identification
Responding to Literature
- What was my favorite part of the story?
- What happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- Who are the characters in the story?
Mathematics- What are numbers? How do we use them?
- Identifying numbers 0-5
- Counting to number 20
- Classify/Sort Objects
- Idenitfy Shapes-Circle, Square, Triangle, Rectangle, Oval
- Life Cycle of plants and insects
- Who am I in this community?
- What are holidays?
All Around Town
- How do we get from here to there?Students will explore different forms of transportation. They will begin writing (illustrating) in their journals.
Wow! Pre-K is so much fun!
Pictures to follow.....
- No school on Monday, September 30th and Tuesday, October 1st for Rosh Hashanah
- No school on Wednesday, October 9th for Yom Kippur
- No School on Monday, October 14th for Columbus Day
- PM Pre-K ONLY- No School on Friday, October 8th- Superintendent’s Conference Day for Staff Only
- Dixson’s Anti-Bullying Day- Wednesday, October 23rd- Please have your child wear BLUE to school
- Fitness Friday- Friday, October 25th- Please have your child wear red or white and sneakers
- Dixson/Grady’s Halloween Parade- Thursday, October 31st- 1:00 pm