Welcome to Mrs. Cilento, Mrs. Rud, and Mrs. Maselli'sPre-K Classes 2021-2022
What are some topics we will cover in Pre-K this year?
Rhythm and Rhyme
- Students will learn that words rhyme when they have the same ending sounds.
The World Around Us!
- Letters - Identifying letters/sounds
- Name Writing/Name identification
Responding to Literature
- What was my favorite part of the story?
- What happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- Who are the characters in the story?
Mathematics- What are numbers? How do we use them?
- Identifying numbers 0-5
- Counting to number 20
- Classify/Sort Objects
- Idenitfy Shapes-Circle, Square, Triangle, Rectangle, Oval
- Life Cycle of plants and insects
- Who am I in this community?
- What are holidays?
All Around Town
- How do we get from here to there?Students will explore different forms of transportation. They will begin writing (illustrating) in their journals.
Wow! Pre-K is so much fun!
Pictures to follow.....
- Pre-K's Polar Express Day is Friday, December 20th- Please have your child wear pajamas to school
- Monday, December 23rd through Friday, January 3rd- No school for Holiday Recess
- Monday, January 6th- Return to school
- Monday, January 20th- No school
- Friday, January 24th- Crazy Hat Day at Dixson and Wacky Game Day
- Friday, January 31st- Sports Day at Dixson and Fitness Friday