The EUFSD is required to notify the state health department when informtion is given about a positive COVID-19 test. To this end, we rely on the timely and effective communication from our any individual within school community.
In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19, the district will:
- Immediately contact those who are at risk of exposure by phone;
- Seek guidance from the Westchester County Department of Health to identify who is at risk for potential exposure;
- Participate fully in all contact tracing efforts so that they can contact and notify families and guide them through next steps, such as testing or quarantine;
- Report the case to the Department of Heath; and
- Notify the school community.
Please note that privacy laws restrict us from disclosing information that may identify the individual. In addition to the respect of the individual's provacy, we must remain supportive and hopeful of their full and speedy recovery from the illness. The district will report the number of confirmed cases to the New York State Department of Health each day, which is publically available through the link provided in this section of our website.
The process for quarantine, ilsolation, or in the most extreme case, moving a school to a remote learning environment will be dependent upon the unique circumstances of each case. The decision will also be made in concert with the guidance from the department of health and/or our medical director.
If you have any questions about the District's protocols or need to report a positive case of COVID-19, please contact the Nurse's Office at your child's school:
Carl L. Dixson Primary School, Nurse Bourke - (914) 592-1063
Alice E. Grady Elementary School, Nurse Lederman - (914) 592-2252
Alexander Hamilton Junior/Senior High School - (914) 592-6839